Tuesday, January 22, 2008

HTPC Update

Hauppage finally sent back my PVR 500 card. They were nice enough to do a RMA even though I had already had it for months. It never worked and never worked and new drivers never made it work, so they finally fixed it. Or maybe they sent a new one? Who cares, now every channel is crisp and clear. A good SD signal with a good encoder actually looks pretty good on a LCD. Deinterlacing is nice too, but it makes my system lag a bit...

Also, I got a response from Snapstream about problems with my beyond TV installation. They said it was a HD problem. After inspection, it looks like I had my master HD in the slave spot and the slave HD in the master spot. Swapping that and it seemed to work through the night, fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw your posts here and your blog. Sweet home theater setup!

I live in Columbia too and just got a Tivo HD

I am pretty mad to learn that there are a bunch of channels I can't get because of SDV. I am a Galactica and Firefly fan, and so the Universal HD problem is particularly galling.

Can you at least get all the SD digital channels?

I depise the Time-Warner DVR. I used to have Tivo in the series-2 days and loved it. The interface is so superior it isn't even a fair match. I decided to go back.

My install tech is supposed to be here Monday with my cablecards. I had to argue with the TW customer service rep on the phone to get him to even schedule an install (he insisted that TW didn't support Tivo and that cablecards are "Only for our DVR's"). Hopefully the tech will at least have a clue.